This Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce is a classic holiday staple. It is sweet and tart, with with only 4 ingredients, it couldn't be any simpler to make. It can even be made ahead of time. This is an excellent base recipe to build on and customize.
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Step By Step Instructions
How to make Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
STEP 1: These steps can be copied from the recipe card or modified where
STEP 2: These steps can be copied from the recipe card or modified where
Recipe Tips and Variations
More Holiday Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, set the pressure cooker to the manual setting and adjust the pressure to high. Set the time for 4 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, let the pressure naturally release.
Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cranberries begin to pop, about 10 minutes. Use a fork to smash the berries as they pop. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Sign up for our NewsletterPrint
Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce is a classic holiday staple. It is sweet and tart, with with only 4 ingredients, it couldn't be any simpler to make. It can even be made ahead of time.
- 12 ounces frozen or fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar or low carb sweetener, more for a sweeter sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat the slow cooker on the high setting.
- Add the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and cinnamon stick.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- Allow the cranberry sauce to cool in the slow cooker for 30 minutes to allow it to thicken up.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make ahead: This crockpot cranberry sauce can be made ahead of time and frozen. Simply toss the frozen cranberry sauce into the slow cooker or a sauce pan to reheat when you are ready to eat it.
- Spice it up: Spice up this homemade cranberry sauce with some warm spices like ginger, cardamom, clove, or nutmeg.
- Add apples: Make a cinnamon apple cranberry sauce by adding 2 cored, peeled and chopped medium apples and 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Add liquor: To add more depth of flavor to this slow cooker cranberry sauce, add a splash of Grand mariner, frangelico, whiskey, or even brandy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker cranberry sauce, crockpot cranberry sauce, instant pot cranberry sauce, keto cranberry sauce recipe, low carb thanksgiving recipes, homemade cranberry sauce recipe
I would like to add the ginger and clove spices. Do I add them in with everything or add when finished?
Kyndra Holley says
Add them in with everything else.
Paula Porter says
Made this on Thanksgiving and it was easy and delicious. Thank you.