These delicious fall inspired sugar free and Gluten Free Pumpkin Cupcakes are incredibly moist and perfected spiced, with gooey melted chocolate chips all throughout, and a rich chocolate butter cream frosting on top. They are the perfect healthy pumpkin dessert recipe.
Ingredients in Gluten Free Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Baking Flour - For these gluten free pumpkin muffins, I used Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour. It is a 1:1 substitute for regular flour. If you are not concerned with keeping these gluten free, you can use regular all-purpose flour.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - For the delicious spiced flavor in these gluten free cupcakes, I used a homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe - It is made with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- Butter Flavored Coconut Oil - To make these dairy free pumpkin cupcakes, I used butter flavored coconut oil. It has the delicious flavor of real butter, but without the dairy. You could also use avocado oil, extra light olive oil, or melted coconut oil
- Brown Sugar Erythritol - To make these sugar free pumpkin cupcakes but still have that delicious caramel molasses flavor, I used brown sugar erythritol. If you are not concerned with keeping this a sugar free cupcake recipe, you can use regular light brown sugar.
- Pumpkin Puree - to make these gluten free pumpkin muffins you will need plain pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The only ingredient should be pumpkin. (Try this Pumpkin Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe)
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips - To make these sugar free chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, I used a low carb, sugar-free chocolate chip.
Step By Step Instructions
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 standard sized muffin tins with liners, or grease two silicone muffin pans. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
STEP 2: To a separate larger mixing bowl add the butter flavored coconut oil, brown sugar erythritol, and monkfruit.
STEP 3: Using an electric mixer, mix until all ingredients are well combined.
STEP 4: Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and caramel extract.
STEP 5: Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
STEP 6: Add the coconut milk and mix to combine.
STEP 7: Add the pumpkin puree and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
STEP 8: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
STEP 9: Using a rubber spatula, fold in ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
STEP 10: Fill the wells of the prepared muffin tins ¾ of the way full.
STEP 11: Bake for 20 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin and it comes out clean.
STEP 12: Prepare the frosting while the cupcakes are baking. Allow the cupcakes to cool and then frost using a piping bag or frosting knife. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
RELATED RECIPES: Keto Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Marshmallow Frosting ... Pumpkin Spice Creme Brulee ... Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week. Alternately, you can freeze them for up to 2 months. (These are my favorite meal prep and storage containers)
- Make Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting: Instead of making the sugar free chocolate buttercream frosting, try this Low Carb Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Add Nuts: These gluten free pumpkin muffins are also delicious with some chopped walnuts or pecans added. Even better, try adding some of these Keto Candied Pecans.
- Swap Out the Sweetener: If you are not worried about keeping these gluten free pumpkin muffins sugar-free, use regular sugar, or even coconut sugar.
- Make Them Paleo: To make these into paleo pumpkin spice muffins, swap out both sweeteners for coconut sugar, omit the cornstarch, and swap the gluten free flour for this paleo baking flour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. Pour the entire batter into a standard sized loaf pan and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and have it come out clean.
Yes! If you are not concerned with keeping these cupcakes gluten free, you can use an equal amount of all-purpose flour.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Sign up for our Newsletter
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint