This no bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse is rich and creamy, and is the perfect holiday dessert recipe. Crumbled graham cracker base, topped with a light and fluffy pumpkin spiced cream cheese mousse, topped with fresh whipped cream, chopped pecans, and cinnamon.
Ingredients in no bake pumpkin cheesecake mousse
- Heavy Whipping Cream - This is used to make a fresh whipped cream. To make this recipe even quicker and easier, you could substitute with 4 cups cool whip. However, if you make this substitution, you may need to adjust the amount of sweetener in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese - I recommend using a full fat cream cheese, and letting it soften on the counter before using.
- Pumpkin Puree - For this recipe, I used pumpkin puree. This is not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling. The only ingredient in canned pumpkin puree should be pumpkin. Have some leftover pumpkin puree? Try making this Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - To spice this pumpkin mousse recipe, I used a Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe. However, you can also use store-bought.
- Powdered Sugar - To make this a sugar-free pumpkin mousse recipe, you can substitute any of your favorite sugar-free powdered sweeteners. (This is my favorite)
- Graham Crackers - For the graham cracker crumbs, you can pulse whole graham crackers in a food processor, or you can buy a bag of crumbs.
Step By Step Instructions
How to make pumpkin cheesecake mousse
STEP 1: Put the heavy whipping cream in a large mixing bowl, and using a hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks form. Put the whipped cream in the refrigerator while you complete the next steps. In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and vanilla extract.
STEP 2: Then, slowly add in the powdered sugar as you continue to mix.
STEP 3: Once the cream cheese mixture is light and fluffy, add in the pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree.
STEP 4: Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
STEP 5: Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Place in the refrigerator to set.
STEP 6: In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham crackers crumbs, melted butter and cinnamon.
STEP 7: Divide the graham cracker mixture evenly between 6 serving dishes, reserving a small amount to garnish the tops.
STEP 8: Divide the mousse evenly between the 6 serving dishes. Refrigerate for one hour before serving. Top with whipped cream, pecans, and remaining graham cracker mixture before serving.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make it gluten free: To make this a gluten free pumpkin cheesecake mousse, you can use blanched almond flour in place of the graham cracker crumbs and add a little bit of brown sugar or brown sugar sweetener (to taste) when mixing the almond flour with the melted butter.
- Make it low carb: to make this low carb, simply follow the gluten free directions above and replace the powdered sugar with powdered monk fruit or the low carb sweetener of your choice
- Use Strawberries: Turn this into a no bake strawberry cheesecake mousse by replacing the pumpkin with an equal amount of pureed strawberries. (Try these Low Carb Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes)
- Use Blueberries: Turn this into a no bake blueberry cheesecake mousse by replacing the pumpkin puree with 1 cup of blueberries. Heat a small sauce pan over medium-low heat and add the blueberries. Let the blueberries simmer for 15 minutes. Mash them slightly to release their juices and let the juices thicken before mixing them into the cream cheese mixture. Try these Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes.
- Use it as a dip: This pumpkin cheesecake mouse makes an excellent dessert dip for pretzels, churros, graham crackers, or even apples.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make this recipe dairy free, you can substitute the heavy cream with full fat canned, chilled coconut milk, and the cream cheese with a nut based cream cheese. You can swap the butter out for butter flavored coconut oil.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Sign up for our Newsletter
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE