Make your season merry and bright with this Keto Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce. It is the ultimate low carb holiday appetizer.
Keto Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
As far as low carb holiday recipes go, this is a must: melty, creamy brie, topped with tangy and slightly sweet sugar free cranberry sauce and pecans, garnished with fresh herbs. It’s so delicious and so festive, whether you’re looking for keto Christmas recipes, keto Thanksgiving recipes, or just a low carb appetizer to make at your next get together.
Can this be made ahead of time?
You can absolutely make the sugar free cranberry sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The baked brie should be made right before serving. This way, you can guarantee that when you slice into the brie, it’s nice and melty. Luckily, it only takes 10-15 minutes for the brie to cook, making this Keto Baked Brie with Cranberry sauce the perfect quick and easy keto recipe.
Delicious topping ideas for Baked Brie:
Baked brie is the perfect sweet and savory option, whether you serve it as an appetizer or a sugar free holiday dessert. Here are a few more options if you want to switch up the flavor pairings -- you could even serve this baked brie 2 ways as part of your keto charcuterie spread!
- Swap the cranberries for blueberries and add a little vanilla extract to the sauce, then top with slivered almonds
- Use orange zest in the cranberry sauce instead of lemon zest, then add a bit of grated ginger into the mix to really amp up the festive flavors
- Make the sugar free sauce with blackberries and just a little black pepper -- trust me on this flavor pairing, it’s delicious!
Isn't baked brie made with puff pastry?
Traditional brie en croute (or brie in pastry crust) is brie wrapped in puff pastry, usually topped with jam and nuts. But baked brie can also just be brie ... baked.
If you’re really wanting to take this baked brie recipe to the next level and make a keto brie en croute, just wrap it in a sweet fathead dough. Bake until it’s golden brown, then top with the keto cranberry sauce and nuts and serve immediately. When you slice into the buttery fathead dough, creamy brie should come flowing out. It’s basically a keto dream.
Other keto thanksgiving recipes you might enjoy:
- Low Carb Green Bean Casserole
- Herbed Butter Roasted Turkey
- Sugar Free Keto Glazed Ham
- Keto Pecan Pie
- Keto White Cheddar and Sausage Biscuits
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash with Turkey Gravy
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Pumpkin Spice Creme Brulee