This Keto Tzatziki (cucumber sauce) is super simple to make and uses basic ingredients that you probably already have in your refrigerator. It pairs perfectly with Mediterranean flavors and just about everything else, too—chicken, fish, beef, you name it! It makes a terrific salad dressing.
- Sour cream and mayo - since Greek yogurt is high in carbs, these are used instead in order to make this a keto tzatziki. Try my homemade mayo recipe.
- Lemon juice - if you do not have any lemons on hand, you can add a little white vinegar, or even apple cider vinegar.
- Garlic and herbs - fresh is always best, but if necessary you can substitute dried herbs. Just reduce the amount by ⅔. One tablespoon of fresh herbs is equal to 1 teaspoon of dried herbs in terms of potency. Instead of fresh garlic, you can add garlic powder, to taste.
How to make Keto Tzatziki
STEP 1: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can finely chop all of the ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
Recipe Tips and Serving Suggestions
- Storage - You can store this in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. These are my favorite air-tight containers.
- Mix up the herbs - Use any combination of fresh dill, mint, parsley, and chives to change up the overall flavor
- Preparation method - If you do not have a food processor, just finely chop all of the ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Serving - This is amazing served with just about anything. It pairs perfectly with all proteins and is excellent to serve alongside Mediterranean influenced dishes. I love to serve it with these Greek Chicken Meatballs.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make this recipe dairy free, simply use all mayonnaise instead of sour cream. Alternatively, you can use an unsweetened, unflavored coconut yogurt.
Yes, you can swap our dried herbs in place of the fresh herbs, but you will want to cut the amount by ⅔. For example: in place of 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs, you would use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint