These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect low carb dessert recipe. They are soft, chewy, and perfectly sweetened. Best of all, they come in at just 4 net carbs for 3 cookies.These low carb cookies are as simple as mix, bake, and enjoy!
Ingredients in Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cacao Butter - The cacao butter is used in place of butter in this recipe to make these dairy free chocolate chip cookies. You could also use regular butter or even butter flavored coconut oil.
- Almond Flour - For the best texture, I recommend using a blanched almond flour or a superfine almond flour. (Try these Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites)
- Tapioca Starch - The tapioca starch in this recipe helps to bind the ingredients together and make these keto chocolate chip cookies deliciously chewy.
- Brown Sugar Erythritol - for that deep molasses caramel flavor, but to still keep things low in carbs, I used brown sugar erythritol. However, you can use any low carb sweetener you prefer. (More Keto Cookie Recipes)
Step By Step Instructions
How to make Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Mix together the melted cacao butter and sweetener.
STEP 2: Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.
STEP 3: Stir in the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
STEP 4: Mix the dough until all ingredients are well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
STEP 5: Use a 1 tablespoon sized cookie scoop to measure out the dough. Roll into balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten each dough ball. Bake until the cookies are puffed and golden brown on the bottom and the edges, about 7 to 9 minutes. They may still be soft in the center, but will continue cooking as they cool.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week. (These are my favorite storage and meal prep containers)
- Make them paleo: To make these paleo chocolate chip cookies, swap the erythritol out for coconut sugar, and use these paleo chocolate chips.
- Use different chocolate chips: These are also delicious with sugar-free white chocolate chips, salted caramel chocolate chips, or milk chocolate chips.
- Add some flaky sea salt: Try sprinkling a little flaky sea salt on top right after you pull them out of the oven. The salt complements the sweetness perfectly.
- Add nuts: Throw in some chopped peanuts, walnuts, pistachios or even pecans.
Frequently Asked Questions
The tapioca starch in this recipe helps bind the ingredients together and gives the cookies a nice chewy texture. You can omit it, but the cookies may be a little crumbly and might need to be cooked longer.
You can use any low carb sweetener you prefer. If you are not concerned with keeping these cookies low carb, you can also use real brown sugar or even coconut sugar.
You can use butter, coconut oil, butter flavored coconut oil, or even coconut shortening.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Sign up for our Newsletter
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint