This oven baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip is rich, creamy, and delicious. Made with just 6 main ingredients - fresh baby spinach, briny artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and parmesan cheese. Seasoned with lots of garlic, salt and pepper. It's a classic party appetizer that is always a crowd pleaser. Best of all, it can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Fresh spinach: I made this recipe using fresh baby spinach, but it can also be made using frozen or canned spinach.
- Artichoke hearts: You can use either canned artichoke hearts, or Marinated Artichoke Hearts. Both are delicious.
- Mayonnaise and Sour Cream: If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, you can use all sour cream and vice versa. (Try my Easy Peasy 2 Minute Mayo Recipe)
Step by step Instructions
How to Make Spinach and Artichoke Dip
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, onion powder, and red pepper flakes to a bowl and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
STEP 2: Gently fold in the artichoke hearts and spinach. Taste, and add salt and pepper, as desired.
STEP 3: Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, or individual ramekins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
STEP 4: Remove from the oven and garnish with cracked black pepper and spinach.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store leftovers, covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: This can be reheated in the oven or the microwave. Reheating in the oven will help crisp up the top.
- Add meat: This is amazing with some shredded chicken, crab meat or shrimp added into the mix. (I get all of my meat here)
- Make it a meal: Use this dip to smother chicken breasts or spoon on top of roasted salmon to turn it into a full meal deal.
- Load it up: I also like to make a loaded version of this by adding some sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon and green onions.
- Serving suggestions: I like to serve this with Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers, or Parmesan, Chive and Garlic Keto Crackers, and also a variety of different chips and fresh vegetables. I am all about the dippers. I also like to serve it with these Crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges.
Frequently Asked Questions
I like to serve it with chips, crackers, and fresh vegetables. That way my guests have a variety of different dippers.
Yes, you can heat it up however you prefer - oven, toaster oven, or microwave. You can even heat it up in an air fryer to get an extra crispy crust on top.
You can use fresh, frozen, or even canned spinach. They all work. You just want to make sure that if you use frozen or canned, that they are well drained.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #hungryfoodie on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW Hungry Foodie on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print