These Crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges have all the crispiness of deep fried potatoes, but without all the excess oil. With less than 5 ingredients and just 20 minutes of your time, you will have the perfect side dish or appetizer.
- Russet potatoes - while russets work best for getting these Air Fryer Potato Wedges nice and crispy, you can also use red potatoes, Yukon Gold or even sweet potatoes. (more sweet potato recipes)
- Avocado oil - this is my favorite mild flavored, high heat cooking oil. You can use any of your favorite cooking oils, or even melted butter for this recipe.
- Herbs and spices - garlic, onion, paprika, salt, and pepper are pretty standard spices for potato recipes, but you can omit any of these to customize the flavors to your liking.
STEP 1: Soak the potatoes in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. Doing so will get rid of excess starches and help the potatoes crisp up when air frying. Drain the water and dry thoroughly.
STEP 2: Put the potato wedges in a large bowl and drizzle over the avocado oil. Toss until all of the potato wedges are evenly coated.
STEP 3: In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture over top of the potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
STEP 4: Heat the air fryer or convection oven to 400°F. Place the potato wedges in the basket of your air fryer, or on the tray, depending what type of air fryer you have. You may need to cook these in batches.
STEP 5: Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, flip the wedges, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy. Garnish with thyme and red pepper flakes, if using.
Recipe Tips and Serving Suggestions
- Serving - These are delicious served with Crispy Air Fryer Fish Nuggets or even these Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings
- Storage - Store the leftover Air Fryer Potato Wedges in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating - I recommend reheating these in the oven or air fryer.
- Make ahead - You can make these ahead of time so that you have them on hand for quick and easy dinners. Simply complete all of the steps besides cooking, vacuum seal the potatoes, and store them in the freezer.
- Cheese it up - If you are not worried about keeping these dairy free, paleo, or whole30, finish them off by sprinkling some cheese over top - Parmesan, sharp white cheddar or blue cheese crumbles are a few of my favorites.
- Get herby with it - Take these air fried potatoes to the next level by adding fresh chopped herbs like parsley, dill, or rosemary. You can add these before cooking, or sprinkle on top after cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Soaking potatoes before cooking helps to remove excess starches and allows the potatoes to crisp up when cooking.
If you have a convection or true convection setting on your own, this is essentially the same as having a huge air fryer. An air-fryer is not actually frying food, it is cooking the food with convection baking. However, because air fryers are much smaller than ovens, they can cook the same amount of food in a shorter time. This is the air-fryer I have.
Yes, absolutely. The only change you need to make is cutting the potatoes into French fry shapes, as opposed to wedges.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint