This Sparkling Hard Strawberry Lemonade is ultra refreshing and so simple to make. Perfect for a hot summers day, or for entertaining friends. With only 5 ingredients and less than 10 minutes of your time, you can be sipping on this light and fruity low carb cocktail recipe.
- Strawberries: For this recipe, I used fresh strawberries, but frozen would work just fine. You can also use raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries. (more low carb cocktail recipes)
- Lemons: If you do not have fresh lemons on hand, limes would also work. You could also substitute bottled lemon juice or lime juice.
- Sweet and Sour: You can use a store-bought sweet and sour, but it is really easy to make your own. Just mix equal parts lime juice, lemon juice, sweetener or sugar, and water. (if you like sweet and sour flavor combos, try this Passion Fruit Mojito Recipe)
- Club soda: Any club soda will work. I like to use Too Chico as it is a naturally sparkling mineral water and is very carbonated.
Step By Step Instructions
How to make Sparkling Hard Strawberry Lemonade
STEP 1: Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Put the vodka, lemon wedges, and strawberries into a cocktail shaker.
STEP 2: Muddle until the fruits are smashed and have released their juices.
STEP 3: Add the sweet and sour to the mix and stir. Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into the ice-filled glass. Top with the club soda and stir gently. (get your own home cocktail mixing set here)
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Make a mixed berry version: Instead of just strawberries in this Hard Strawberry Lemonade, use mixed berries like raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries (more summer inspired recipes here)
- Make a pitcher: Quadruple the recipe and make a full pitcher of Sparkling Hard Strawberry Lemonade
- Make it a Cocktail: To make this a mocktail, simply omit the vodka
- Switch up the liquor: This cocktail is also delicious made with rum, gin, bourbon, or even tequila
- Make it low carb: You can make this a low carb cocktail by replacing the sweet and sour with a low carb powdered sweetener like monk fruit or erythritol. Start with 2 teaspoons, taste, and add more until you reach your desired sweetness. (more low carb recipes)
- Homemade Sweet and Sour: You can make your own sweet and sour by mixing equals parts of lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, and water. To make a low carb sweet and sour, simply replace the sugar with the low carb sweetener of your choice. (This is my favorite one)
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily make your own sweet and sour by combining equal parts lemon juice, lime juice, sugar or sweetener, and water.
Simply swap out the sweet and sour for a homemade low carb sweet and sour. If you do not want to make a sweet and sour, you can just add lemon juice, lime juice, and the low carb sweetener of your choice, to taste.
This Hard Strawberry Lemonade recipe is made with vodka, but it would also be delicious with rum, gin, bourbon, or even tequila.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Sign up for our Newsletter
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint