This Passion Fruit Mojito is light, and fresh, with the bright, tart flavors of passion fruit and lime. It is the perfect summer cocktail recipe and is great for entertaining friends. If you are not a fan of rum, it is also amazing with vodka or tequila. You can even quadruple the recipe and make a full pitcher.
Ingredients to make passion fruit mojitos
- Frozen passion fruit cubes: Pitaya is the brand of frozen, seeded passion fruit puree that I used. It can be ordered online or found at Target. Alternatively, you can use 1 tables passion fruit syrup, or 3 tablespoons seeded passion fruit puree.
- Lime juice: I used fresh lime juice for this recipe, but you can also use bottled.
- Fresh mint: I used fresh spearmint leaves, but you can also use freeze dried mint
- Rum: Mojitos are traditionally made with white rum, but you can also use dark rum, vodka or even gin. (more cocktail recipes)
Step By Step Instructions
How to make a passion fruit mojito
STEP 1: Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Put the lime wedges, passion fruit, mint leaves, lime juice, simple syrup, and rum into a cocktail shaker. Muddle until the lime and passion fruit are smashed and have released their juices.
STEP 2: Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the ice-filled glass. Top with the club soda and stir gently. Garnish with fresh mint and a lime wedge.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Make it a margarita: Swap out the rum in this passion fruit mojito for tequila and make a fresh and fizzy passion fruit margarita.
- Cool as a cucumber: Swap out the passion fruit for 5 slices of English cucumber for a light and refreshing cucumber version. (Low Carb Cucumber Mojito Recipe)
- Mixed berries: Replace the passion fruit with a ¼ of frozen mixed berries for a fresh and fruit version.
- Make it low carb : For a low carb mojito, swap the passion fruit for cucumbers or mixed berries, and swap the sugar for a low carb friendly sweetener.
- Make it a mocktail: omit the rum for a delicious passion fruit mojito mocktail recipe.
- Serving suggestions: Serve these at your next gathering with this Pineapple Salsa recipe or this Prosciutto, Peach and Melon Salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passion fruit has a very bright, tart flavor. It borders on sour. If you like tart foods, you will love passion fruit.
Mojitos are traditionally made with white rum. But this recipe is also delicious with dark rum, vodka, or even tequila.
To make homemade simple syrup, mix equal parts of water and sugar (or sweetener) in a sauce pan over medium heat. Heat, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Join Our Newsletter
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint