Not only are these Keto Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes gluten free and sugar free, but they are also insanely delicious. They have all the fresh, bright flavors of spring.
The best gluten free cupcakes you will ever eat
Quite possibly the best keto cupcakes ever made… with a taste to match! These Low Carb Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are moist, fluffy and super delicious. Plus there’s a treat waiting for you when you bite into the middle of these almond flour cupcakes: a yummy whole roasted strawberry!
Can you sub coconut flour for almond flour in these gluten free cupcakes?
Like many of my other keto dessert recipes, this recipe uses a blend of almond flour and coconut flour. Mixing two different types of gluten free flour creates a nice texture and mouthfeel, and playing with the ratios could result in a cake that is too coarse and crumbly.
If you decide to go with only coconut flour, you’ll also have to increase the liquids in the recipe because coconut flour is more absorbent than almond flour. My best advice is to make this recipe as written.
Looking for an easy cupcake recipe, you came to the right place!
This Keto Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake recipe comes together so quickly, and it’s the perfect option if you’re looking for birthday cupcakes that’ll please a crowd. Not only is this recipe gluten free, but it’s also a diabetic friendly dessert that doesn’t compromise on flavor.
The strawberry cupcakes and low carb frosting are both sweetened with Swerve granular erythritol. When it comes to keto dessert recipes, Swerve is my favorite because they have three options: granular, confectioner, and brown sugar. All of Swerve’s keto friendly sweeteners are a 1:1 swap for the regular full sugar version.
Recipe tips and variations
- For a festive fall option, substitute orange extract and sugar free dried cranberries for the strawberries and lemon extract
- Substitute blueberries or raspberries for strawberries, or do a mixed berry option
- Change up the frosting with another berry, and mix and match the berries you use in the cupcake versus what you put in the frosting (blueberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream frosting)
Other posts you might enjoy
- Keto Pecan Pie
- Green Chile Chorizo and Chicken Mexican Casserole
- Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato and Bacon Hash
- 21 Keto Mac and Cheese Recipes
- 23 Low Carb Sheet Pan Recipes
- 21 Low Carb Smoothie Recipes
- 24 Fathead Cheese Dough Recipes
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint