This Passion Fruit Mojito is light, and fresh, with the bright, tart flavors of passion fruit and lime. It is the perfect summer cocktail recipe and is great for entertaining friends. If you are not a fan of rum, it is also amazing with vodka or tequila. You can even quadruple the recipe and make a full pitcher.
- 4 lime wedges
- ¼ cup frozen passion fruit puree cubes
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- 1-ounce simple syrup or 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon powdered sugar or low carb sweetener
- 2-ounces white rum
- 5 ounces club soda
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Put the lime wedges, passion fruit, mint leaves, lime juice, simple syrup, and rum into a cocktail shaker. Muddle until the lime and passion fruit are smashed and have released their juices.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the ice-filled glass. Top with the club soda and stir gently.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a lime wedge.
- Frozen passion fruit cubes: Pitaya is the brand of frozen, seeded passion fruit puree that I used. It can be ordered online or found at Target. Alternatively, you can use 1 tables passion fruit syrup, or 3 tablespoons seeded passion fruit puree.
- Make it low carb: For a low carb mojito, swap the passion fruit for cucumbers or mixed berries, and swap the sugar for a low carb friendly sweetener.
- Make it a mocktail: omit the rum for a delicious passion fruit mocktail.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mixing
- Serving Size: 1 drink
Keywords: Passion Fruit Mojito recipe, homemade mojito recipes, creative cocktail recipes, fruity cocktails, passion fruit mocktails, How do you make mojitos