These Crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges have all the crispiness of deep fried potatoes, but without all the excess oil. With less than 5 ingredients and just 20 minutes of your time, you will have the perfect side dish or appetizer.
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into wedges (I get my produce delivery here) Code PEACE for 10% off
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh thyme leaves, optional for garnish
- red pepper flakes, optional for garnish
- Soak the potatoes in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. Doing so will get rid of excess starches and help the potatoes crisp up when air frying. Drain the water and dry thoroughly.
- Put the potato wedges in a large bowl and drizzle over the avocado oil. Toss until all of the potato wedges are evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture over top of the potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat the air fryer or convection oven to 400°F. Place the potato wedges in the basket of your air fryer, or on the tray, depending what type of air fryer you have. You may need to cook these in batches.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, flip the wedges, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy. Garnish with thyme and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Be sure not to skip the step of soaking the potatoes and thoroughly drying before cooking. This will ensure maximum crispiness.
- Storage - Store the leftover Air Fryer Potato Wedges in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating - I recommend reheating these in the oven or air fryer.
- Make ahead - You can make these ahead of time so that you have them on hand for quick and easy dinners. Simply complete all of the steps besides cooking, vacuum seal the potatoes, and store them in the freezer.
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
Keywords: air fryer potatoes, crispy air fryer French fries, air fried potato wedges, whole30 air fryer recipes, paleo potato recipes, keto air fryer recipes