Sweet, sour, tart, and delicious -- this Sparkling Tart Cherry Limeade Cocktail takes the bright flavors of cherry and lime and serves them up in a refreshing summer cocktail recipe. Ready in less than 5 minutes with only 6 ingredients, you can enjoy this recipe with or without alcohol. Perfect for a hot summers day.
- Vodka: While you could use another type of liquor, I recommend vodka because it really compliments the tart cherry and lime in this recipe. Need a non-alcoholic version? No problem. Just omit the vodka. (Try this Orange Creamsicle Cocktail recipe)
- Tart cherry juice: this is what takes this drink recipe to the next level. Tart cherry cocktail recipes really packs a punch, and the tart cherry juice in this recipe pairs so well with fresh lime.
- Sweet and sour: I highly recommend making your own sweet and sour. Mix equal parts lime juice, lemon juice, sweetener or sugar, and water. You can purchase store bought sweet and sour, but the freshest option is homemade. You can use a low carb sweetener or regular sugar depending on your needs. (If you're looking for more fresh and fruity alcoholic beverage recipes, try this Passion Fruit Mojito or my Sparkling Hard Strawberry Lemonade.)
- Dried tart cherries: I like adding dried tart cherries because they add a lot of flavor after muddling, and they get nice and chewy, almost like an all natural gummy.
Step By Step Instructions
How to make Tart Cherry Limeade Cocktails
STEP 1: First, fill a cocktail glass with ice. Put the dried cherries, lime wedges, and vodka into a cocktail shaker.
STEP 2: Next, muddle until the fruits are smashed and have released their juices.
STEP 3: Add the sweet and sour and tart cherry juice to the cocktail shaker. Cap and shake well.
STEP 4: Lastly, pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into the ice-filled glass. Top with the club soda and stir gently.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Add red wine: Add some red wine for a delicious sangria variation (I order all my wine here)
- Make it a mocktail: this Sparkling Tart Cherry Limeade Cocktail makes a great mocktail recipe for kids of all ages to enjoy. Simply omit the vodka.
- Change up the liquor: instead of using vodka, you can try rum, gin, tequila, or bourbon in this recipe. Choose the liquor based on flavor preferences, or serve up the base of the cocktail and allow your guests to add their own liquor!
- Lower the carbs: make your own low carb sweet and sour, or replace the sweet and sour with lime juice and powdered sweetener. Replace the tart cherry juice with something lower in carbs like kombucha, sugar free juice, or water enhancer.
- Add some fresh herbs: take this recipe to the next level by adding fresh herbs - basil, sage or mint. Muddle the fresh herbs with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract: this addition gives this drink a cherry cream soda vibe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Add equal parts lime juice, lemon juice, sweetener or sugar, and water in a glass bottle and shake to combine.
Make your own low carb sweet and sour, or replace the sweet and sour with lime juice and powdered sweetener. Replace the tart cherry juice with something lower in carbs like kombucha, sugar free juice, or water enhancer.
I recommend rum, gin, tequila, or bourbon -- any of those options will go well with the cherry lime flavors.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Sign up for our NewsletterPrint