Sweet, sour, tart, and delicious -- this Sparkling Tart Cherry Limeade Cocktail takes the bright flavors of cherry and lime and serves them up in a refreshing summer cocktail recipe. Ready in less than 5 minutes with only 6 ingredients, you can enjoy this recipe with or without alcohol. Perfect for a hot summers day.
- 1 tablespoon dried tart cherries
- 2 lime wedges, extra for garnish
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1.5 ounces sweet and sour
- 2 ounces tart cherry juice
- 2 ounces club soda
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Put the dried cherries, lime wedges, and vodka into a cocktail shaker. Muddle until the fruits are smashed and have released their juices.
- Add the sweet and sour and tart cherry juice to the cocktail shaker, cap and shake well. Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into the ice-filled glass. Top with the club soda and stir gently.
- Add red wine: Add some red wine for a delicious sangria variation (I order all my wine here)
- Make it a mocktail: this Sparkling Tart Cherry Limeade Cocktail makes a great mocktail recipe for kids of all ages to enjoy. Simply omit the vodka.
- Change up the liquor: instead of using vodka, you can try rum, gin, tequila, or bourbon in this recipe. Choose the liquor based on flavor preferences, or serve up the base of the cocktail and allow your guests to add their own liquor!
- Lower the carbs: make your own low carb sweet and sour, or replace the sweet and sour with lime juice and powdered sweetener. Replace the tart cherry juice with something lower in carbs like kombucha, sugar free juice, or water enhancer.
- Category: Cocktail Recipes
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 209
Keywords: vodka cocktail recipes, cherry cocktail recipes, alcoholic beverage recipes, tart cherry limeade cocktail, limeade cocktail, vodka drinks, mocktail recipes