This quick and easy Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza recipe comes together in about 10 minutes, can be customized with any of your favorite pizza toppings and is the perfect kid-friendly dinner. How can you go wrong with crispy pepperoni, melty Mozzarella, homemade marinara sauce and fresh basil?
- Flatbread - This is a quick and easy alternative to making your own pizza crust. There are a lot of different brands that make pre-packaged flatbread. Stonefire is one of my favorites. You can usually find the flatbread by the regular bread, next to the tortillas, or in the deli. (more pizza recipes)
- Pizza sauce - I used my homemade Paleo Pizza Sauce recipe for this, but feel free to use your favorite jarred sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese - for this I used a pre-shredded mozzarella cheese, but it is also delicious with fresh sliced mozzarella
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle on the onion powder and garlic powder. Bake for 5 minutes or until the bread starts to brown just slightly.
STEP 2: Remove from the oven and spread the pizza sauce across the bread in an even layer.
STEP 3: Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni and bake for 5 minutes, or until the pepperoni starts to get crispy and the cheese is nice and melted.
STEP 4: Top the flatbread pizzas with fresh basil and red pepper flakes, before serving.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage info - Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make ahead - I like to make these in large batches and individually freeze them for later. I recommend freezing them unbaked.
- Mix up the toppings - The great thing about this Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza is that it doesn't even have to be made with pepperoni at all. You can use any of your favorite pizza toppings.
- Switch up the sauce - I also like to make these with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce, Pesto Marinara Sauce, or even make a taco pizza with this Taco Sauce Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any brand you prefer. Traditional flatbread is great, as is naan bread. If you want it extra thin, you can even use a tortilla.
It is easier than you think. All you need is a can of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes and herbs like oregano, basil, parsley, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Here is my homemade pizza sauce recipe.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint