These delicious fall inspired sugar free and Gluten Free Pumpkin Cupcakes are incredibly moist and perfected spiced, with gooey melted chocolate chips all throughout, and a rich chocolate butter cream frosting on top. They are the perfect healthy pumpkin dessert recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free baking flour (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (get the recipe here)
- 1/2 cup melted butter flavored coconut oil (I use this brand)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar erythritol (I use this brand)
- 2/3 cup granular monkfruit
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract (I use this brand)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I use this brand)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, divided (I use this brand)
- 1 batch Sugar Free Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (get the recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 standard sized muffin tins with liners, or grease two silicone muffin pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a separate larger mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the butter flavored coconut oil, brown sugar erythritol, and monkfruit. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and caramel extract and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the pumpkin puree and coconut milk and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Fill the wells of the prepared muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin and it comes out clean.
- Prepare the frosting while the cupcakes are baking. Allow the cupcakes to cool and then frost using a piping bag or frosting knife. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week. Alternately, you can freeze them for up to 2 months.
- Add Nuts: These gluten free pumpkin muffins are also delicious with some chopped walnuts or pecans added.
- Swap Out the Sweetener: If you are not worried about keeping these gluten free pumpkin muffins sugar-free, use regular sugar, or even coconut sugar.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Keywords: gluten free cupcakes, gluten free pumpkin cupcakes, sugar free pumpkin cupcakes, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, sugar free chocolate buttercream frosting, pumpkin spice muffin recipe, the best gluten free pumpkin cupcakes