I love my little fur babies just as much as any member of my family... if not more! I love to spoil them with treats. However, there are so many horrible additives in many of the dog treats out there. My dogs are getting up there in years and they are on very strict diets. I love making things especially for them. Here is a great recipe for some healthy and homemade, gluten free treats for your pups. [sg_popup id="1"][/sg_popup]
Check out some of my other favorite healthy living articles:
- Safe essential Oil Usage for Pets
- 17 Human foods that are Toxic to Dogs
- How to Find Your Happy
- How to Reconnect with Your Inner Child
- 40 Tips to Reinvigorate Your Life
Make Your Own Healthy Gluten Free Dog Treats
- 2 cups gluten free flour (get it here )
- 1 cup rice bran (get it here)
- 1 cup organic pumpkin (get it here)
- ½ cup water
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp organic honey (get it here)
- 3 tbsp organic natural peanut butter
- 10 drops Lavender essential oils
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to about ¼ inch thick.
- Using a bone shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Roll out the remaining dough again and repeat.
- Place cookies on a silicone baking mat lined, rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool before giving one to your sweet fur baby!
Adding the lavender essential oil to this recipe will help keep your dogs breath fresh and it will also help keep their skin and coat healthy.
Did you try this recipe? Tell us your thoughts!