- 12 ounces dry pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (This is the brand I use) code kyndraholley for $5 off
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- OPTIONAL: 1 to 2 teaspoons corn starch or arrowroot (**see notes**)
- Cook the pasta as per the directions on the package, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onions to the pan and cook until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pan, breaking it up as it cooks. Once the ground beef is browned, drain any excess grease.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, salt, garlic, onion and paprika to the pan. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and sour cream to the pan and mix until well combined. Bring to a slow boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until the sauce has thickened. Taste, and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss until evenly coated in the sauce.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating this in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Toppings: This stroganoff is delicious served with some finely grated parmesan and chopped fresh herbs like dill, parsley, and chives.
- Thickening the sauce: If you like a thicker sauce, add one to 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, arrowroot, or tapioca starch to thicken.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Pasta Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 482
Keywords: Homemade beef stroganoff, beef stroganoff hamburger helper recipe, hamburger helper copycat recipe, 30 minute beef stroganoff recipe, easy ground beef recipes, 30 minute ground beef recipes, budget friendly recipes