Ready in less than 30 minutes, these Chewy Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect marriage of a classic buttery chocolate chip cookie and ooey, gooey s'mores. Made with no additives, these cookies are deliciously decadent and wonderfully chewy. Kids of all ages will enjoy this campfire classic remade into the perfect fresh baked cookie!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg and 1 yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I use this brand)
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Heat the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the butter turns golden brown, being careful not to burn it. Once the butter has browned, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- To a large bowl, add the butter and both sugars. Mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the mix. Using a hand mixer or electric whisk, beat on low until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time to the wet ingredients, mixing as you add. Mix until all ingredients are well combined, being careful not to over mix. If you over mix the dough, the cookies will not turn out soft and chewy.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make the balls of dough. Press your thumb in the center of each cookie dough ball to form a cavity. Place 2 mini marshmallows inside. Roll together until marshmallows are completely covered.
- Place them on the prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 minutes or until the edges look lightly golden. Remove from the oven and gently press 1 or 2 more mini marshmallows into the top of each cookie. Place the cookies back in the oven for another 1 to 2 minutes. The cookies might still look soft, but they will finish cooking as they cool. Do not overcook them.
- Make it low carb: Start with this Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and then add these low carb marshmallows
- Browned butter: do not skip this step! Brown butter is what takes the classic flavors in this recipe to the next level. Do not overcook the butter, or it will make the cookies bitter.
- Mixing the dough: be careful not to overwork the dough, or your Chewy Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies will become dense and heavy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 10.2g
- Carbohydrates: 27.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 2.8g
Keywords: the best chocolate chip cookies recipe, browned butter chocolate chip cookies, smore cookies, chewy cookie recipes