These Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies have a sweet, brown sugar apple cinnamon filling, inside a perfectly flaky pie crust. They are the delicious way to enjoy a personal sized apple pie. Best of all, they are ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Add the apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, cook until the apples have softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the apple mixture and bring the mixture back up to a boil to thicken. Once the sauce has thickened, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Roll the pie dough out in a thin layer and using a 4-inch circle cutter, cut circles in the dough as close together as possible. Remove the cut circles, re-roll out the dough and repeat the process until you have 10 (4-inch) dough circles.
- Place some of the apple pie filling on one side of each dough circles. Using your finger wet the outer circle of the pie crust with a little water.
- Fold the dough over the filling and match the edges, so you have a half-circle. Seal the hand pie by pressing a fork around the edges.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg with the water. Brush the egg mixture over the top of the pies. With a sharp pairing knife, cut a few lines in the top for the steam to escape.
- Place the pies into the basket of your air fryer, so they are not touching. Turn it on to 350°F for 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining hand pies.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to two months.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating them in the air fryer so you can get the crust nice and crispy again.
- Make it low carb: To make these low carb, swap out the apple for chayote squash (just trust me on this one), the brown sugar for this brown sugar monkfruit, and swap out the pie dough for this keto cinnamon roll dough. Other than those swaps, just follow the recipe as written.
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 apple hand pie
Keywords: mini apple pies, apple hand pies, fruit pie recipes, the best apple pie recipe, air fryer dessert recipes, air fryer apple pie