These are the absolute best Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps - light and healthy, but loaded with flavor. Ground chicken, sautéed with onions, garlic, and ginger, flavored with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and hoisin, served in lettuce cups, and topped with peanuts, green onions, and fresh cilantro. They are perfect for meal prep or an easy weeknight meal. Best of all, they only dirty one pan and can be ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes. They are even low carb, keto friendly, and gluten free.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (I use this brand)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar (I use this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 12 romaine, Bibb lettuce, iceberg lettuce, or butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- 3 green onions, sliced on a bias, for garnish
- Heat the sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic to the pan. Sauté until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and use a wooden spoon to break it up as it cooks.
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, unseasoned rice vinegar, ginger and red pepper flakes. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is all the way cooked through.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the lettuce leaves and garnish with green onions and peanuts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: asian chicken lettuce wraps, keto lettuce wraps, peanut chicken lettuce wraps, asian lettuce wraps,