This Sweet and Spicy Keto Chicken Tenders Recipe is sure to become your new favorite keto recipe. Tender, juicy chicken strips, breaded and baked until crispy, then coated in a perfectly sweet and spicy sauce. They are low carb, gluten free, and keto-friendly. Just 3 net carbs per serving.
For the Breaded Chicken Tenders:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders sized pieces
- sea salt and black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- cooking spray (avocado oil spray, coconut oil spray or ghee spray)
For the Sweet and Spicy Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, more to taste
- 1/3 cup powdered sweetener (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. If you have a convection setting your oven, use the convection setting. This is like having a giant air-fryer. Place a cooling rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Season the chicken tenders generously with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and fork whisk.
- In a separate shallow bowl, combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, coconut flour, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Coat each chicken tender in egg wash and then coat it in the breading. For a thicker, crunchier breading, repeat this process twice with each chicken tender.
- Place the breaded chicken tenders in a single layer across the cooling rack. Lightly spray them on both sides with cooking oil. This will help them to brown and crisp up. Put the chicken tenders in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently flip and then cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken tenders are in the oven, prepare the sauce. Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring frequently for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm while the chicken finishes cooking.
- Once the chicken tenders are done cooking, toss them in the sauce or brush the sauce over top. Alternatively, you can also use it as a dipping sauce.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating these in the oven or in an air fryer.
- Frying: For an even crunchier chicken tender, you can deep fry or even shallow fry these in a pan on the stove in avocado oil.
- Make chicken nuggets: You can easily turn this into a keto chicken nugget recipe simply by cutting the chicken up into large chunks.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 425
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: keto chicken tenders, low carb chicken tenders, keto chicken nuggets, low carb chicken nuggets, keto barbecue sauce, keto barbecue chicken, keto appetizers, low carb snacks, low carb chicken recipes, the best keto chicken recipes