This light and fresh summer salad combines the saltiness of prosciutto, with the sweetness of peaches and melon, and the acidity of vinaigrette to make an incredibly balanced and flavorful salad. Best of all, it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 cups packed baby arugula (I get my fresh produce here) code PEACE for 10% off
- 2 cups seeded and cubed cantaloupe
- 1 peach, skinned, pitted, and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Garlic Parmesan Croutons, optional
- crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Add the arugula to a large bowl. Add the melon, peaches, basil, prosciutto, walnuts, croutons and feta, if using. Toss to mix. Drizzle over dressing and toss again.
- To make a quick dressing, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- If you do not want to make homemade croutons, store-bought works great too.
- This salad is best to serve immediately. If not possible, prepare the salad as directed, leaving out the melon and peach. Keep the salad in the fridge, covered. Add the peaches and melon right before serving.
- Peeled peaches turn brown very quickly. If you need to prepare the peach ahead of time, squeeze some lime/lemon juice over them, cover, and store in the fridge.
- Category: Salad Recipes
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 9.3g
Keywords: peach salad, prosciutto salad, summer salad recipes, fruit salad recipes, paleo salad recipes