This Keto Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe is easy to make and loaded with the fall flavors like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove. The cupcakes are perfectly sweetened, topped with cream cheese frosting. (low carb and gluten-free)
For the Cupcakes:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated low carb sweetener (I use this brand)
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 3 cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (get my recipe here)
For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup softened butter (1 stick, 4oz)
- 2 teaspoons liquid stevia, more for a sweeter frosting (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the 12 wells of a standard sized muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk into the eggs.
- Add the vanilla extract, oil and sweetener. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 prepared muffin liners.
- Bake cupcakes for 28 to 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool on a cooling rack and come to room temperature before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting: Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, mix until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and stevia and mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer the cream cheese frosting to a piping bag and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Net carbs per cupcake: 5g
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Add nuts: These pumpkin muffins are delicious topped with some chopped walnuts or pecans. You can mix them into the frosting, or sprinkle them on top.
- Make them dairy free: To make these dairy-free, simple omit the frosting. Or for a dairy free frosting option, substitute the cream cheese for a nut based cream cheese and the butter for a dairy free vegan butter option.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 322
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: keto pumpkin cupcakes, low carb pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin muffins, gluten free pumpkin cupcakes, keto cream cheese frosting, keto muffins, best keto pumpkin recipes, low carb pumpkin recipes