This Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Recipe is made with well seasoned chicken breasts, stuffed with a mixture of smoky bacon, sharp cheddar, cream cheese, and jalapeños. It is a quick and easy low carb meal, that comes together in about 30 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 cup of shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- To create a pocket, slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise but don’t cut all the way through.
- Open the chicken breasts and season generously on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large, oven safe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides until they are a nice golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. (The chicken will not be fully cooked at this stage). Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, white cheddar, bacon and jalapeños. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Once the chicken has cooled enough to handle, stuff the chicken breasts. Divide the cheese and bacon mixture evenly among the 4 chicken breasts. If necessary, secure the stuffed chicken breasts with toothpicks to hold them closed.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Garnish with green onions and additional bacon crumbles, if desired.
- Net carbs per serving: 2g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: You can reheat the leftovers in the microwave or the oven.
- Make Ahead: If you want to make this ahead of time, you can skip the step of pan-searing the chicken breasts and just stuff the raw chicken breasts and then bake the whole dish when you are ready. You will need to increase the bake time to 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed chicken breast
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 38g
Keywords: jalapeno popper chicken, jalapeno popper stuffed chicken, keto jalapeno popper chicken, low carb jalapeño poppers, 30 minute chicken recipes, one pot chicken recipes, keto chicken recipes, low carb chicken recipes, gluten free chicken recipes