With just a few simple steps, 5 ingredients, and less than 30 minutes, you can make a lightly sweetened, perfectly spiced Pressure Cooker Apple Butter. Best of all, you don't even need to peel the apples. Homemade apple butter makes the perfect gift for the holidays.
- Core and slice the apples.
- Add the apples, water, orange juice, molasses, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and secure into the locked position. Set it to manual and cook for 20 minutes on high.
- Carefully push open the quick release valve on top to release the steam, then remove the lid and set aside.
- Transfer the mixture to the blender (discarding the cinnamon stick). Blend until smooth and then transfer back to the Instant Pot.
- Using the sauté function on leave, sauté the apple butter, stirring occasionally to let it thicken, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and store in the refrigerator.
- Storage: Store leftover apple butter in the refrigerator for up 2 months.
- Freezing: If you make a large batch, you can freeze apple butter in smaller portions for up to 1 year for longer storage.
- Uses: Apple butter isn't just for spreading on toast. Use it as a topping for pancakes, waffles, yogurt, or as a filling for pastries and desserts.
- Flavor: While this can be enjoyed right away, the flavor will mature and intensify after a day or two in the refrigerator as the spices meld.
- Use Pears: Swap out the apples for pears to make a delicious homemade pear butter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Condiment Recipes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 32
Keywords: best apple butter recipe, how to make apple butter, what is apple butter, does apple butter have butter in it, how do you make apple butter, instant pot apple butter recipe, fruit spread recipes