Take your dishes to the next level with this homemade Tomato Confit recipe. Slow roasted tomatoes in olive oil, with garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. It's such a versatile way to add delicious roasted tomatoes to a variety of dishes - from pasta, to salad, on toast, in sauces, dips and dressings, you name it.
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- Arrange the tomatoes and garlic and in a single layer across the bottom of a baking dish.
- Drizzle over the olive oil. Sprinkle over the red pepper flakes, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 2 hours or until the tomatoes are soft and wrinkly, but not burst.
- Separate Containers: If you make multiple batches with different flavorings, store them in separate containers to maintain their distinct flavors.
- Fresh Herbs: Sprigs of fresh thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano or bay leaves can infuse the oil and tomatoes with aromatic herbal notes.
- Saffron Threads: Saffron threads will not only color the oil but also impart a delicate, earthy, and slightly floral flavor.
- Black Peppercorns: Whole black peppercorns provide a mild peppery flavor and a hint of spice to the oil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Vegetable Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 68
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: how to make tomato confit, how to make roasted tomatoes, the best oven roasted tomatoes, how to make garlic confit, what is confit?, is confit safe?