Take your food to the next level with this homemade Garlic Confit recipe. Infuse garlic cloves with aromatic herbs and spices, creating a versatile condiment that adds rich, mellow garlic flavor to a variety of dishes, from pasta and mashed potatoes to grilled meats and salad dressings.
- 1 cup peeled garlic cloves
- 1.5 cups avocado oil or olive oil (This is my favorite olive oil) code kyndraholley for $5 off
- fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme, optional
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Add the garlic cloves and herbs, if using, to a mini dutch oven or other oven proof dish.
- Pour the olive oil over top, completely submerging the garlic cloves.
- Cover, and bake for 2 to 2.5 hours, or until the garlic cloves are soft and are a light caramel color.
- Discard the herbs and strain the oil through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer the cloves to a jar, and pour the strained oil over top, completely submerging the garlic cloves. Put the lid on and store in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Condiment Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: how to make garlic confit, how to make roasted garlic, is garlic confit safe, the best garlic confit, what does confit mean