This easy Grilled Corn Salsa strikes the perfect balance of sweet, salt, acid, and heat. Bursting with summer colors and flavors, and ready in less than 30 minutes. You'll want to put this salsa on everything: your favorite taco salad, rolled up into a burrito, or served as a fresh side at your next cookout!
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of one lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges, for serving
- tortilla chips, for serving
- guacamole, for serving
- Brush the corn cobs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill, turning every few minutes, until golden with slight char marks and cooked through, about 12 minutes. Let cool and then cut the kernels off the cob.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, and cumin to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapenos, cotija, red onion, and cilantro. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle over the sauce and toss until the corn salad is evenly coated. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges, tortilla chips and guacamole.
- Grilling the veggies: do NOT overcook the corn. This will result in a chewy mushy texture, and nobody wants that. You can also slice the red onions, bell pepper, and jalapeno and throw them on the grill to deepn the roasted flavor.
- Storage: store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 3.7g
Keywords: grilled salsa recipe, grilled corn salsa, summer salad recipes, corn recipes, vegetarian recipes, vegan recipes