This Loaded Grilled Corn Salad has all the fresh flavors of summer and is the perfect light and fresh side dish to pair with just about any protein. Fresh corn on the cob, bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, red onion, and jalapeños, tossed in a creamy avocado ranch dressing and topped with cotija cheese and fresh cilantro. Best of all, it comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 6 ears of corn on the cob, shucked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, quartered and sliced
- 3 jalapeños
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Avocado Ranch Dressing, more for a creamier salad
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese
- rough torn cilantro, for garnish
- Brush the corn cobs, red onion and jalapeños with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill, turning every few minutes, until the corn is golden with slight char marks and cooked through, the onions are tender and the peppers are blistered.
- Let cool and then cut the kernels off the cob, thinly slice the onions, and chop the jalapeños.
- Add the corn, onion, and jalapeños to a large mixing bowl. Add the bacon, cheddar, and avocado ranch and toss to mix.
- Top with cotija and cilantro before serving.
- Storage: Store leftover Mexican Corn Salad in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Add avocado: This is also delicious with some chopped avocado added.
- Add tomatoes: While you are grilling the vegetables, why not throw on some tomatoes. They make an excellent addition to this corn salad.
- Swap the herbs: If you are not a fan of cilantro, try subbing some fresh parsley or basil.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad Recipes
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: grilled corn salad, grilled corn salsa, grilled salad recipes, corn salad recipes, the best grilled corn salad recipe, corn side dish recipes, how to grill fresh corn