- large head of cauliflower, cleaned and trimmed into florets
- 7 ounce can whole green chilies, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I use this brand of spices)
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or chicken thighs, cubed
- 10 ounces pork chorizo, ground
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream and green onions, optional as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, green chilies, bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle the cumin, chili powder and oregano over top. Toss to evenly coat all the vegetables.
- Line the vegetables in a single layer across the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan.
- Once the butter is melted and the pan is heated, add the chicken and the chorizo to the pan. Sauté until cooked through.
- Line the roasted vegetables in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Layer half of the cheddar cheese on top of the vegetables.
- Layer the chicken and chorizo on top of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Optional - top with sour cream and green onions.
net carbs per serving: 6.4g
- Category: Casserole Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 24g
Keywords: keto casserole recipe, keto hotdish recipe, low carb casserole, low carb hotdish, keto mexican food