These Homemade Garlic Parmesan Croutons are well seasoned and perfectly crunchy. They are made with only 5 ingredients - Italian bread, olive oil, garlic, Parmesan, parsley, and can be made in only 15 minutes. They are the perfect addition to soups and salads.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups stale bread, cubed into 3/4-inch squares (I get all my bread here)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Add the bread to the bowl and toss until all of the bread cubes are evenly coated in the oil mixture
- Mix in the parmesan cheese.
- Spread the croutons in an even layer across a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the croutons are golden brown. Toss halfway through. Allow to cool before serving.
- Make sure you are using day or two old bread. Stale bread is imperative to the success of the recipe
- Store the croutons in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Keywords: homemade crouton recipe, how do you make homemade croutons, garlic croutons, cheesy crouton recipe, crunchy croutons, salad toppers