This Chocolate Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe is moist, delicious and perfectly sweetened. It combines three of my favorite things - banana bread, the warm fall flavors of pumpkin spice and rich, chocolatey goodness. It's the best banana bread recipe around.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (I use this brand)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar (I use this brand)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light neutral oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large ripe bananas)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (I use this brand)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks (I use this brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9”x5” loaf pan with parchment paper, grease, or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the oil, eggs, smashed banana, pumpkin puree, sour cream, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula. Once mixed, fold in ½ cup of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into to the prepared pan and top with the remaining chocolate chunks. Bake for 1 hour or until you insert a toothpick, and it comes out clean. Start checking at the 45 minute mark.
- Let it cool before removing it from the pan and slicing.
- Storage: Cover and store at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 340
Keywords: best banana bread recipe, pumpkin bread recipe, chocolate banana bread recipe, gluten free banana bread, keto banana bread, low carb banana bread recipe, best pumpkin recipes,