This Cantaloups and Prosciutto Salad recipe pairs the sweetness of cantaloupe melon with the saltiness of prosciutto, the creaminess of fresh mozzarella cheese, and the herbaceous flavors of mint and basil. It is a quick and easy summer salad that is perfect for barbecues, the 4th of July, picnics, or any other occasion.
- 1 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 8 ounce container fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 10 thin slices prosciutto
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic (I use this brand)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Using a melon baller, scoop out balls of the cantaloupe into a large mixing bowl, making as many as you can from both halves of the cantaloupe.
- Add the fresh mozzarella balls to the bowl. Tear the slices of prosciutto into large pieces and add to the bowl, along with most of the basil and mint, retaining some for garnish.
- Drizzle over the oil and vinegar and toss to combine everything. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Plate and top with reserved herbs.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. (However, this is best enjoyed right away)
- Add cucumbers: This cantaloupe and prosciutto salad is also delicious with some chopped English or Persian cucumber. It adds a nice crunch.
- Add some spice: Try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes for a hint of spice.
- Add tomatoes: This melon and prosciutto salad is a play on a traditional caprese salad. This is also excellent with some cherry or grape tomatoes added.
- Vinegar: If you cannot find white vinegar, regular balsamic vinegar will work great also.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad Recipes
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: summer salad recipes, melon salad recipes, prosciutto and melon salad, melon and prosciutto caprese salad, prosciutto and mozzarella salad, cantaloupe and prosciutto salad, best salads to bring to a bbq