Sushi night at home just got a lot easier with this California Roll in a Bowl recipe. All the fresh and light flavors of a California roll, but in a deconstructed bowl version. Best of all, it can be made in less than 30 minutes and can be made keto, paleo, and even whole30
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar (get it here)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (monk fruit for low carb) code peace for 20% off
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (cauliflower rice for low carb)
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and cubed
- 4 dried wasabi seaweed snack sheets or 1 nori sheet, sliced or crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons furikake (get it here)
- Yum Yum Sauce, for serving (get the recipe here)
- Soy sauce, for serving
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Add the cooked rice to a mixing bowl and pour the vinegar mixture over top. Toss to mix.
- Divide the rice between two bowls. Arrange half of the crab, avocado, seaweed, cucumber, and carrots on top of each of the bowls. Alternatively, can mix up all of the ingredients before placing on top of the rice.
- Drizzle some Yum Yum sauce over top and then sprinkle on the furikake.
- net carbs per serving: 43g
- For a low carb version, substitute cauliflower rice for the sushi rice and your favorite low carb sweetener in place of the sugar.
- Furikake is a Japanese rice seasoning. If you do not have any on hand, you can use black and white sesame seeds and crumbled dried seaweed snacks instead.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 Sushi Bowl
- Calories: 436
- Fat: 17.1g
- Carbohydrates: 52.2g
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Protein: 20.4g
Keywords: keto sushi, low carb California roll, keto sushi bowl, California roll in a bowl, California roll recipe, sushi recipes, how to make sushi at home