The delicious Homemade Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe is the perfect way to use up overly ripe bananas. Made with Greek yogurt, light brown sugar, avocado oil, and fresh blueberries, this quick and easy banana bread is moist, fluffy, and loaded with flavor. It’s perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert.
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable, avocado oil, or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 ripe banana, sliced in half lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with oil or cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate, larger mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, egg, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and oil. Whisk until all ingredients are well incorporated. Mix in the Greek yogurt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and place the sliced banana on top of the batter.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freezing: To freeze this blueberry banana bread, I recommend wrapping it in parchment paper or plastic wrap and then wrapping it in foil. Double wrapping it will help prevent freezer burn. Let thaw completely before cutting and serving.
- Make it gluten free: To make a gluten free banana bread recipe, simply swap out the all-purpose flour for a gluten free 1:1 baking substitution.
- Make it dairy free: To make a dairy free banana bread recipe, simply swap the greek yogurt out for full fat unsweetened coconut yogurt.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Bread Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blueberry Banana Bread recipe, homemade Blueberry Banana Bread, easy Blueberry Banana Bread recipe, moist Blueberry Banana Bread recipe, Greek yogurt Blueberry Banana Bread recipe, brown sugar Blueberry Banana Bread recipe, oil-based Blueberry Banana Bread recipe, banana and blueberry bread, blueberry and banana loaf, blueberry banana bread loaf, blueberries and banana bread recipe, blueberry banana quick bread, banana blueberry bread recipe, blueberries and banana loaf recipe