For the dough
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder (I use this brand of spices)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup low-moisture, part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 large pastured egg
For the filling
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 oz pepperoni slices
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt and black pepper.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, butter, and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds to soften. Mix together until everything is well combined. If if gets stringy or is not quite melted enough, put it back in for another 30 seconds.
- To the cheese mixture, add the dry ingredients and the egg. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If you are having a hard time mixing it, put it back in the microwave for another 20-30 seconds.
- Once the ingredients are combined, spread the dough out on parchment paper or a silicone baking mat in a thin and even layer - about 9" by 13". If it starts to get sticky, wet your hands a little bit to prevent it from sticking to you.
- Once you have the dough in a nice, even rectangle, spread the sauce over top, covering all of the dough.
- Next, layer on the mozzarella cheese. Top the cheese with pepperoni slices. Sprinkle Parmesan and Italian seasoning over top.
- Roll the dough up tightly widthwise. (Alternately you can roll lengthwise and get 12 smaller rolls.) Turn so that the seam is facing down.
- Cut the ends off each side of the roll-up to even it out. Then cut it into 1" slices.
- Place your individual roll-ups in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are fluffy and golden brown.
Per Serving - 1 Roll Up - Calories - 240 | Fat - 18g | Protein - 14g | Total Carbs - 7g | Fiber - 2.5g | Net Carbs - 4.5g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Roll-Up